There are Three Fire Cadet units at present within Gloucestershire based at. Cinderford, Dursley and Tewkesbury.
The aim of Fire Cadets is to support the development of young people by providing a positive role model and giving them opportunities to participate in a wide range of activities.
Young people between the ages of 13 and 18 can apply to take part in this rewarding training scheme, which not only gives them the chance to learn new personal and social skills, but also obtain a Level 2 BTEC qualification, the National Fire Cadet Level 1 Award and an AQA Award.
The programme is linked to the National Fire Cadet model, and is delivered by firefighters and volunteer staff.
Fire Cadets is designed to challenge and develop the participants by getting them to:
- Work co-operatively within a team environment
- Gain self-esteem and self-confidence and improve communication skills
- Adopt a new set of personal values
- Understand the importance of safety issues and the consequences of anti-social behaviour
- See the advantages of improving their learning and performance
For more information, contact Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com