Welcome to SkillZONE Firework Safety Advice
At SkillZONE, we understand the excitement and enjoyment that fireworks can bring to special occasions like Bonfire Night and celebrations. However, it’s essential to prioritize safety and ensure that everyone has a fun and injury-free experience.
Our Commitment to Safety
Our dedicated team at SkillZONE is committed to providing you with valuable insights and tips to make your firework displays safe and enjoyable. We believe that being informed and prepared is the key to reducing risks and accidents during fireworks events.
🎆Firework safety Tips🎇:
Ensure a Spectacular, Safe Celebration!
🧨 Choose fireworks that match your display’s space and audience. Follow local laws.
🚧 Create a clear firing area, far from buildings and people. Use flat, stable ground.
🕯 Light fireworks with extended, long-reach lighters. Never use matches or candles.
👨👩👦👦 Keep kids at a safe distance. Appoint a designated adult for lighting.
🚨 Have a bucket of water, a hose, and fire extinguisher ready for emergencies.
👀 Keep a safe distance. Stay upwind of the fireworks. Never go back to a ‘dud.’
Remember, the beauty of fireworks is amplified when safety is a top priority. Celebrate with care and make every display a memorable and safe one! 🌟
Fireworks are beautiful but dangerous. Download SkillZONE’s best clothing for Firework Night: Should clothing catch light, remember to STOP, DROP & ROLL. Watch this StayWise video for more information: Bitesize Video – Stop, Drop and Roll | StayWise
Sparkler Safety Tips:
Sparklers can add a sparkling touch to your celebrations, but it’s important to handle them with care. Here are some sparkler safety tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience:
- Supervision is Key: Never allow young children to handle sparklers. Always designate a responsible adult to supervise.
- Outdoor Use Only: Use sparklers outdoors in an open area, away from buildings, dry grass, and flammable materials.
- Light One at a Time: Light sparklers one at a time. Don’t group them together, as it can lead to an intense, uncontrolled flame.
- Use Protective Gear: Consider wearing gloves to protect your hands from sparks and heat.
- Keep a Safe Distance: Maintain a safe distance between the lit sparkler and your body, clothing, and others.
- Dispose Safely: After a sparkler has burnt out, place it in a bucket of water to ensure it’s fully extinguished. Sparklers can remain hot even after they’ve stopped sparkling.
- Don’t Pass the Flame: Avoid passing a lit sparkler from one person to another, especially around children.
- Avoid Close Contact: Never touch a burning sparkler to another person’s skin, clothing, or hair.
- No Running or Waving: Refrain from running or waving sparklers around. Keep them away from your face and others’ faces.
- Adults Only: Remember that sparklers are not toys and should only be used by responsible adults.
By following these sparkler safety tips, you can enjoy the beauty of sparklers while minimizing the risks associated with their use. Have a safe and sparkling celebration! 🎆✨
Why not download SkillZONE sparkler safety poster and spread awareness around enjoying sparklers safely: SkillZONE Sparkler Safety Poster